Tuesday, October 7, 2008



A trip to an antique shop can be a gold mine of images! This blog has pushed me to be more brave. In the past I would never have taken out my camera to snap a picture; however, now I feel that I have no choice! I must post each and every day. The background is a plate. I thought the gold, swirling colors made a nice backdrop to Cupid! Cupid and I haven't always gotten along; however, maybe I will score points with him in posting his image on my blog. Though I notice there aren't any arrows in his bow!!

3 comments:

J.L.Velez said...

Interesting shot! I think he's just shot an arrow and that's why it is missing. I do like the gold plate background. It really adds something unique

trishalyn said...

I never know what to expect when I click on "Framing Images and Memories"...and I'm never disappointed! Love this image and its composition. The shallow DOF...which created that colorful background...makes your main subject really stand out. I think Jayme is right...Cupid has just shot an arrow. I wonder where it landed?

Linda said...

Nice shot, Steve. I really like the light on the Cupid figure and I like the side view with the color in the background.
I'm glad this blog assignment has pushed you outside your comfort zone. Our group field trips will be even more fun now as we provoke each other to be bold and daring.