Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A Tough Photo Day!




These pictures were taken on my way to volleyball tonight. My first thought was to take an abstract picture, one where the viewer may not know exactly what the subject is. I also remember an earlier photo assignment where I was encouraged to utilize curves and lines in an image to add interest. I decided to add the two components (curves and abstract) in one image. Give up? Ok....it is a bird bath with flowers at the base. I used the flowers to add color to the background and hopefully make the image more pleasing. My second picture captures mums which were extremely vibrant and screaming to have their photo taken! I will admit that today's photo session was my most difficult thus far. I had to look hard to find an image.

3 comments:

Linda said...

Good shots. The mums are a beautiful color. Nice idea to make an abstract.
I know what you mean about a "Tough Photo Day", I've had a few of them so far as you know.

J.L.Velez said...

You're right, those mums were screaming:) I like the curves/abstract picture as well. It's creatively composed. Know it was tough, but I'm glad you posted!

trishalyn said...

Oooohhh...loved these! I found myself turning my head to look at the first image as a horizontal...but I've decided I like your vertical composition better! Then I saw your gorgeous mums. I don't think you had such a tough photo day, after all! :-) P.S. I'll admit...this IS quite a challenge, isn't it?!