Sunday, October 5, 2008

Early To Bed, Early To Rise




















This morning, at 6am, I decided to go for a ride and enjoy the fog and peacefullness of empty streets. Passing a cemetery I noticed that the only stones visible from the road were those that have crosses attatched. Since childhood, I have always collected crosses and as an adult crosses bring me comfort. Whether they are symbols of a particular, organized religion, or not, to me crosses are a symbol of peace and a higher force. Crosses remind me to keep life in perspective when things aren't going so well and to remain thankful when life brings blessings. "When the seas are rough you should point the boat to land. Row to shore, plant your feet solidly on the ground and walk forward." Crosses remind me to walk forward, as silly as that may sound. I also took this landscape scene; however, the image is not nearly as beautiful as the actual location. Enjoy!

2 comments:

J.L.Velez said...

So beautiful! I liked the first one you took the best. Those stones are so artistic in a way. I also liked your explanation about what that symbol means to you. I think it's important to share that kind of stuff with people. You're a very talented photographer, you know that? Okay, back to my nyquil induced coma now!

trishalyn said...

I agree with Jayme...I loved the first image the best! I really liked the composition of the crosses and your explanation enhanced the visual experience. Fog and cemeteries just seem to go together, don't they? Great job!