Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Lightning Strikes!


Today I traveled far looking for pictures. Having the day off, and not wanting to sit around my place, I headed out with some good music in my Jeep searching for images that would "strike" me as worthy. I know this image is very simple but as I looked up at the dreary, but bright sky, I saw these bare branches that resembled lightning. I thought the bright background was a nice backdrop to the lightning bolt and I liked how the bolt when from upper right to lower left in the frame. Be honest! If you don't see what I see let me know. The second photo is one that I took the other day; however, I liked it and wanted to show it off. Again, it is a simple photo; however, I like outdoor portraits.



4 comments:

Bridget said...

really like the first..........
but i love the second!

J.L.Velez said...

Yes, I can definitely see the lightning aspect of the tree. Very unusual and cool find! I also love your second picture portrait. The expression on her face is what captivated me!

Linda said...

Creative comparison of the branches to lightening. I see your point. Love the portrait--you're doing great with them.

trishalyn said...

YES...I SEE THE LIGHTENING!!! :-) Good composition...nice find on such a dreary day. I absolutely love your portrait of Jenna!!! Since you're so skilled in Photoshop now, can you eliminate that distracting element in the upper right corner? I think it takes the viewer away from the beautiful subject. Thank you!