Sunday, January 25, 2009

Want To Dance?

When I hike, ride a bike trail, climb a fire tower or sit on the ocean's beach there is a music that is generated. Nature is the orchestra, providing music to which one can add lyrics. The words come from individual experiences and creativity and so there have been trillions of songs written by those who listen to the melodies. As I drove around this morning, yes in my Jeep and yes with coffee, I came across this group of trees. Instantly I saw them dancing. If you look closely some have dancing partners while others sway in the wind singularly. You want to dance?

6 comments:

philmary said...

They look like they are switching planes of reference between each other

Bridget said...

great shot steve.
i actually tried to capture something very similar today with no luck(of course i was in a moving vehicle:)
good job!

Linda said...

I LOVE this image. I keep looking to find one like it, but it's not easy. You did a great job. It's definitely a keeper.

J.L.Velez said...

How appropriate since I am making my way through the Lord of the Rings triology at the moment and last night, I was watching the trees sway:) I love the idea of movement in nature that is simple and natural. I remember as a child asking my grandfather where wind came from and he told me that trees make the wind! Great idea and shot!

trishalyn said...

This is great, Steve...and I love your writing as well! Suddenly, I feel like dancing. :-)

Jess said...

This is SO creative, I love shots that you look at differently just because of the title. And may I say, the title makes the shot! I've always been really bad at titling my shots, I could learn a thing or two from you!