Monday, April 6, 2009

What Are You Doing After Work?


For those who read this blog you must understand that I am in a challenge where I take a photo and post a photo every single day. Having said that, I asked a colleague and friend if she (who is also in the challenge) had taken her daily picture. When she asked me I told her that I was probably going to stop by the cemetery. Who says that?? This 365 day photo challenge has made me go places and say things that I could have never imagined prior to my insane agreement to this contest. I did stop by the cemetery to get this image. On a rainy, dreary day it seemed appropriate to do so. I'm not a fan of still life (no pun intended..get it? cemetery? still?). Since I don't have the set up for still life I'm always searching outside for images. So, another day down and a bunch (more than 100??) to go!

6 comments:

J.L.Velez said...

I used to think there wasn't anybody else who liked cementaries:) Enlarging the photo really made the variances in color and texture stand out. It's very artistic, the shading and pieces of moss. Was this a design on the top of a stone? Very nice shot and kudos to you for being in the rain to get it.

Anonymous said...

i like going to cemetaries, i visit my friends there, those who've gone on before me.

Bridget said...

yeah steve.
outside again on a miserable day like this!
very nice image.
would make a nice wall hanging.

philmary said...

simple ,unique,What is the nature of the person who would have this on their stone ?

trishalyn said...

This is another image that must be enlarged to be appreciated. Great capture on a cold, dreary, rainy day! :-)

Linda said...

Nice image. Nice simple idea and composition.