Sunday, April 26, 2009

Early Morning Hike

I love, love, love this weather! I took off this morning knowing that it was warm outside and wanting to avoid people and bugs! I was pretty successful at avoiding both. I'm pretty happy with these three photos, considering I had no tripod and was not sure what to expect on this hike. If the water is not flowing, a hike like this can be a bust.




Below, I saw these three little flowers on my way back to my Jeep. They were begging to be recognized among a sea of brown. If it were not for the energy of my students and the fact that I like my job, I would be a very bitter man knowing that I have to return to work tomorrow.
I remembered today what my first professional choice was way back when I entered high school. I considered, though briefly, being a conservationist. I had forgotten this long ago goal and am happy that I am able to take such enjoyment in nature today.

10 comments:

J.L.Velez said...

Is this Yatesville Falls? Wherever it is, it is beautiful and you did a great job without the tripod. Amazing looking water! Nature sure is a wonder. Glad you went into teaching, though!

Linda said...

Nice job. I like the flower image. I bet your students are glad you became a teacher!

Unknown said...

awesome job I love the water falls and the flowers are very pretty nice job

Unknown said...

Awesome job with all the pics. I really love the last one of the flowers they are beautiful. Keep up the great work and Im glad that you went with being a teacher.

Joel MacKenzie said...

Great job with the water! You must have a steady hand. I got some similar shots yesterday as well, I'm a little slower getting things posted though.

trishalyn said...

I can't believe you captured such beautiful, flowing water without a tripod...great job!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

tell jayme to turn her horseshoe the other way...the way it's pictured is bad luck, all your luck is running out!...they're suppose to be hung to hold your luck in....but if your into old wives tales ..then it doesn't matter.

Bridget said...

i love the last one!
you have definitely been our nature boy in all seasons,
impressively ,even in the bitter winter.(but i still think you made the right decision to become a teacher:)

Vanessa Bates said...

What a beautiful view! I just love waterfalls!

philmary said...

Great post flowers and waterfall are so delicate...but guess what Thursdays assingment... Waterfalls