Monday, April 20, 2009

Memories

New York City is just a memory now. How time flies! Just a few days ago I was standing in front of, and eating at, the infamous Seinfeld diner. This is it! The one in the show! I was just about to snap the picture when these two derelicts entered the frame. Wherever I go people like these ladies are fascinated by my camera. "Take our pictures mister!" "Can you make us famous Mr.?" This type of attention is exhausting.


My photo for the day finds me pointing out an important fact to myself (odd since I wrote it in the first place). Have you ever done that, remind yourself of something you already knew? Oh well, such is life. Live it, reflect upon it and then move on.

For clarification...this is my computer screen

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're such a meany!

you better apologize!

LOL

J.L.Velez said...

Who are those rift rafts in that picture? :) Your poem, what I can see of it, is beautiful and full of truth and emotion. Just remember that the end of one story leads to the beginning of another. Look forward to that new story and where it will take you. Easier said than done:) Great use of your overhead again!

J.L.Velez said...

Sigh....

Linda said...

I'm gonna hafta get myself an overhead! Nice job.

And as for those derelicts, it was nice of you to be so kind to them.

Unknown said...

hey nice job love the first pic

Unknown said...

Great job with both pics. Keep up the great work and maybe you can make me famous one day.

trishalyn said...

Love your creative use of the overhead projector! Great poem, too, but I want to see the rest of it...please? However, you are in deep "do-do" for that first image! Remember...you promised not to take any pictures of me? And remember...I only agreed to that one because it was meant for my son's eyes only? Now the WHOLE WORLD WIDE WEB has seen it! Oh dear. I think it's payback time!!!! :-) P.S. It IS a very cool shot, with the exception of the old bag on the left!
:-)

philmary said...

I have to leave on your post a challange for MVP..There is a Spring Clean Up on SATURDAY in Amsterdam one of the prizes is $100 gift certificate to La Cochina for the best Before and After picture of your clean up spot..You could investigate Degraded Amsterdam and Spic and Span Amsterdam and at the same time win a neat prize,,If someone in the club wins they could use the prize as their "HOME CLUB MEETING DAY"

Bridget said...

love the pix of the girls and again you did created something very good with your overheqd projector!