Sunday, December 7, 2008

Victorian Stroll in Troy, NY


What makes frozen fingers, stinging wind and frosty temperatures bearable? Something to do!! My friend Linda invited me to stroll along side of her today and I'm happy that I accepted the invitation. I'm pleased with the few photos that I took and think they capture the day well. Linda's pictures will be gorgeous, so check out her blog!

I think it would be fun to dress in Victorian costume next year and walk among the people. Anyone want to join me? I do not want to walk on stilts like the man in the image below; however, maybe you and I could start with a top hat and period clothing?

This Santa was a talented one indeed! Who else but Santa can walk and play the sax at the same time adoring fans are snapping pictures?

I have to admit that my favorite part of the day was spent inside, eating lunch and drinking many cups of coffee. A great day...thanks Linda!

3 comments:

Linda said...

Funny!! We named our posts almost the exact same name. I like the photos of the nutcracker on stilts. It was a good day, and you're right, lunch was fun. Thanks to you, too, for going along.

J.L.Velez said...

I love the second one the best. Sorry about the lack of comments. I swear that I did post one this morning, but I went back and it is not there. Anyway, I love the close ups. They look amazing, full of color and life:)

trishalyn said...

Gorgeous photos, Steve!!! I TOLD you I'd be jealous...and I am! All of them are great, but #2 and #3 are my favorites. The colors really pop! Sounds like you had a fun day...I'm really glad for you! :-)