Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Blessings


I am so thankful for all that was given to me today. Many students asked why I was absent from school yesterday. They showed sincere concern and many expressed happiness that I had returned....not all mind you; however, with 8th graders it is a compliment to receive praise of any kind..ha! I love them regardless. I am thankful for the medicine that I picked up after work which keeps me seizure free. Yes, I'm often tired because of the meds; however, how many people, throughout history, have suffered from seizures prior to medicine being available. Many were placed in institutions (don't get any ideas!), some died and many led unproductive lives. Finally, I am very thankful for the time I spent this evening with friends. What an eclectic, talented, fascinating group they are! For the conversation, the gifts, the amazing dinner, the compliments and encouragement, the humor, the critiques, the stories, the amazing dinner (did I say that already?)...well you get the idea...but for all of that, I am very thankful.

5 comments:

Bridget said...

beautiful photo and sentiment.
i am a great believer in the art of thankfullness.i believe it is the secret to true happiness.

Linda said...

Very beautiful post. It's a great thing to think of/remember/share all the amazing blessings we have. And so many of the things we should be thankful for are the small, seemingly innocuous things that make up our daily lives. Thanks for sharing.

trishalyn said...

At the risk of sounding like a broken record: Beautiful image and sentiment, Steve! Thank you for expressing my feelings so eloquently.

J.L.Velez said...

Steve,
I'm thankful for how far you have come. When I first started working with you, you didn't take any meds and were more stubborn than a mule when it came to that. You've grown...professionally and personally, I'm sure. And I'm hoping that growth transfers into photography too...like putting your name on the back of your cards you created and accepting your talented vision when it comes to the lens:)

philmary said...

The great Dostoyevski was also afflicted