Friday, August 14, 2009

My Town-Friday Shoot Out


This is the worst picture I have taken in a while...in my opinion; however, it is all that I could do today. Today was one of those days where nothing worked photographically. My Friday Group's assignment was to take signs that are "funny" or "odd", etc. Well I drove past a cemetery, which is in my city, and noticed that it is ironically located on a dead end street.
The cemetery stones are too far away from the sign to make the picture complete so I shot through my windshield and used the blue sky and the cross hanging from my rear view mirror to represent the heavenly quality of a cemetery. I then used the two images and combined them. I had also used cemetery stones; however, the multiple image just didn't work. I apologize for the poor quality photo today but it wasn't because of a lack of effort.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I like your photo. but I think you may be thinking of next weeks assignment which is interesting and amusing signs. this week is relaxation. but I think this pic could be used for both!

J.L.Velez said...

No apology needed...most of my photos this summer have just been to get through and didn't have any artistic merit. However, I do like your representation of the cementary sign and the way you combined photos. Definitely some symbolism and irony going on there, so I do like this photo!

trishalyn said...

I really like this image, too...and appreciate all the effort you put into it! You didn't simply take a snapshot and post it (as I have done many times...just to get through the day); rather, you put a considerable amount of thought and energy to create an artistic rendition. Way to go!!! :-)

Zaroga said...

Nothing wrong with the image. Getting mixed up is normal.. at least for me :-D

aurbie said...

I actually like the photo. It is creative. Never think one photo is your worst. There will be another around the corner. I know. I have taken my share, mostly when I have to shoot fast and the light keeps changing. I shoot on manual at all times. It can be a curse, but I find that auto can give me more headaches than manual shooting.

Linda said...

There are times when each of us thinks that a particular image is the worst ever. Amazingly, some of the time, it turns out to be someone's favorite. I really like this image especially considering you indicated you were struggling photographically.

I like the composite and all the components in it.