Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Autumn In The Air??


At my photography group's meeting this evening I captured this image off of Linda's (the host) deck. Linda hosted a great evening with corn on the cob and chicken and all sorts of delicious snacks. The only flaw to the meeting was that I had to give up control of the coveted photo-trophy. I held the award for four months but alas it was time to pass it along. Jayme won and is deserving of it. Trish and I, also extremely deserving, left with the hopes that we can take it home next time.

7 comments:

Linda said...

Wow, Steve, great image! I wouldn't have recognized it as being from my deck if you hadn't mentioned it. Nice effect.

Don't hold your breath for the trophy--there will probably be more of us in the running next time.

Zuzana said...

It looks almost as if made out of some sort of a metal, very interesting...

Anonymous said...

very nice picture..i agree, it appears metal looking

congrats to jayme

you others had better do your BEST if you think you've got a chance at it next time....time is closing in, fast!

Bagman and Butler said...

Great muted colors. And it is good to pass trophies along although you have my vote for lifetime achievement award.

J.L.Velez said...

I love the glow of this picture! Which filter did you use? And thanks for graciously letting me have the trophy. Actually, I left it at Linda's accidently!

trishalyn said...

Stunning image!!! Are those real leaves, or a metal decoration? Great DOF, and I like the glow of the leaves. I really, REALLY LOVE this image!
:-)

Bridget said...

beautiful image.
beautiful colors and so sharp.