Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Heavenly Light


In the picture above I purposely cropped out some of the sun so that it wasn't too overpowering for the image. I then added some 'noise' to the photo to give the statue a bit more texture. The bluish tint and the shadows were natural, caused by the nearby woods and indirect sunlight. Below, you can see the sun between the angel's wings. This photo took me a while in order to capture the correct exposure. A silhouette was the most logical outcome but I kept playing with the settings so that I could get the angel to have more detail and brightness.

8 comments:

Linda said...

They're both awesome, but I like the bottom one best. Good for you for experimenting with the exposures to get detail in the shadow. You perseverance paid off. Definitely a keeper.

David said...

The sunlight between the angles wings is inspirational to say the least! I am glad you were able to take it with it being a silhouette. What were the settings and how much post processing did you do? Great pictures! Thanks

J.L.Velez said...

That shot of the sun coming through the wings is great! Great timing on your part and really gives an interesting effect to the statue.

Unknown said...

awesome job I love the second pic and how light is between her wings nice job

philmary said...

Great job with light and form interaction

Steve Vunk post 3/29/2009
That is all an angel is: an idea of God

An angel makes more noise with her light then with her wings

trishalyn said...

Very artsy!!! Both images are wonderful, but I was especially impressed with #2. Great job working with the exposure to get it just right!

philmary said...

Looking at #2 again I enjoy the black.. stain? on the back of the angelwhich is cleft by the brilliant light

Bridget said...

wow1
that 2nd image is wonderful!