Saturday, April 14, 2012







The Vanderbilt's were only one of the rich and famous families who owned mansions in Hyde Park, NY.  These photos document the mansion without creativity; however, when on a tour there is no time for creativity.  In fact no tripods were allowed and absolutely NO flash!  I'm very happy with the quality considering such rules.  I'll spare my thousands of blogs followers the stories told on tour; however, I will give one compliment to the Vanderbilt family.  Apparently, though their status was unmatched during the Gilded Age, they were a generous and kind family to work for.  I found myself connected to this family as I too treat my 'help' well.

3 comments:

Linda said...

Wow Steve, these are beautiful considering the constraints. Love the composition in all of them, and you really managed to capture the essence of the home to share with your "thousands" of followers.

Thanks for sharing. Makes me want to go there too.

trishalyn said...

I agree with Linda...these are gorgeous, Steve! I love history...please...do tell us some of those stories you learned from the tour!

Bridget said...

new house steve ?
great shots.